Monday, April 27, 2015

Weekend Highlights 4/26

As the month of April comes to an end, some exciting things that happened this month are:
Best Friend got engaged and it was her Birthday, hint a couple of weeks ago I went to a pedal party.


This month, I also tried two new restaurant/brunch places. The first one being Dish Society and the second being Liberty Kitchen & Oysterette. As an added bonus, we also tired a food truck called The Burger Joint. For me, the enjoyment of eating and being able to talk and bond with someone is a true treasure. Nothing like some good ole' quality time! If you would like to see more about my food ventures, be sure to check out my Instagram account or search for #gwenfoodventure.

A photo posted by @gwennguyen on

This weekend, we ate at Liberty Kitchen & Oysterette, and it was over the top delicious! I am not a big fan of fried oyesters, but on top of deviled eggs with some bacon jam....on my!

AND YES, bacon jam is a real thing! (Martha Stewart Bacon Jam) I will most defiantly be trying to make this sometime soon!!!

The most important/moving topic that occurred this weekend was the powerful message at church today...WORK. Today's service truly reminded me of the importance and respect that everyone should place given any type of occupation. If it is for a paycheck or if it is for a volunteer opportunity, everyone should do their best and give their full focus and attention. For me personally, I have been slacking at work, currently there has been a significant decrease in the amount of workflow. I often find myself focusing on personal task instead of focusing on tasks that would help the company as a whole. Hopefully after today’s service, I will be more motivated to work harder in everything I do, especially at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment