Monday, April 13, 2015

Weekend Highlights 4/11

Have you ever been to a pedal party, or even heard of one?


Think pub crawl meets mountain bike adventure.

This past weekend, I helped celebrate my friends 27th birthday. This year, she decided to gather her closes friends to engage in a pub crawl via a pedal part. I was a little skeptical at first, but was so glad to have experienced this special event.

The night began a little rough, considering I missed my turn and had no idea where I was going. (thank goodness for GPS Systems!) I found some great parking at Little Woodrow's, parking was $10. Ever since my little towing incident, I am more willing to pay for parking, then to pay for a towing bill! 

We visited around 3 bars, some a little bit lacking in the entertainment department, but its all about the company that brings entertainment. 

To sum things up, you pedal around to your bar destination, you stop for 20 to 25 mins, grab some drinks hang out, then back to the crawl. 

Down side
  • Some things to keep in mind, is your height, you might not be able to comfortably reach the pedals. 
  • Pricing vs time spent 

Plus side 
  • Less walking, more time spent having fun
  • Captain was fun, exciting and helpful - made suggestions about stops and drinks to get

No comments:

Post a Comment