Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Weekend Highlights 4/19


This past weekend, I attended the Japan Festival in Houston. (http://www.houstonjapanfest.org/) It was a last minute outting, and it was so much fun to spend some quality time with a good friend. The weather was so beautful, it was sunny and cool, perfect outdoor weather. 

We parked at a local golf range and grabbed some burgers at a local food truck, The Burger Joint. (http://www.burgerjointhtx.com/coming-soon/)


We decided to split The Market burger, it had some lettuce, tomatoes, fried egg and GOAT CHEESE! From a person who own goats, goat cheese was not as appetizing for me. I felt like I was tasting the actual smell of billies. (its not a pleasant smell) Overall the burger was satisfying.

Then we noticed this beautiful garden where we ate our burgers. The garden has been around for a year or two. It has a nice field with some tables and chairs setup, that looks out to a pyramid hill structure where you can walk around to the top to get a full 360 degree view.

Not the best picture
*I know, I need to up my camera game!*

Here are some views from the top:




We got to say hello to Confucius...



The we finally made it to our destination, the Japan Festival. I was not sure what to expect, but it wasn't too crowded, and there where some people dressed up in Japanese anime characters (note exhibit A).

Exhibit A



The festival worked off a ticket system, roughly a dollar per ticket. You then used your tickets to play games and purchase food. Below, I am playing a game common among younger children, consisted of catching fish with tissue paper essentially.

And here I am, with my broken fish catcher, fish and bobo tea in hand. 

The day could not be complete without some cotton candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment