Thursday, August 6, 2015

GoPro Hero 4 Session Thoughts

HERO4 Session
I love technology, but I am not a tech nerd. When I heard about GoPro's new Hero 4 Session, I was really excited. My first thought, this is similar to their competitor, Polaroid.

I am not sure about the quality of the 2, but I think Polaroid has better accessories for their device. Look, little figures that replace your boring tripods!

The things that I love about GoPro:

  • The concept

The fact that you can take this small device with you, and record yourself and others, is wonderful. Then you have the added bonus of durability.

I had a GoPro Hero 3 and I love the fact that I could hit record and later be surprised by what I captured when I reviewed the footage on my computer. With the new GoPro Hero 4, even though I have a screen, I don't use it; I feel like it would kill my batter faster.

  • Cult branding

I feel like if you have a GoPro, your cool and adventurous. In reality only a hand full of people actually fit the true criteria, but it makes you feel like you can.

What I love about the new GoPro Hero 4 Session:

  • It brings it back to basics, no screen with the true function to capture your adventures
  • Small and compact - I am going to a concert tonight and I would like to bring my GoPro, but it is a little on the bigger side, if I had the Session, it would be a little more discrete

What I am not loving..... the price

The cost is $400 dollars, if I am going to pay that much, I might as well get a screen and choose the Hero 4.
I understand from the companies point of view, that this item has the same quality and its lighter and smaller. However from a consumer viewpoint, quality wise, the Hero 4 is a better deal.

** This is not a review, I do not own either products. This is just my opinion of both products based on the information from the product website.**

No comments:

Post a Comment