Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Life Thoughts



I have always been a little competitive in life. When it comes to school work, I also find myself to be mildly competitive. Sometimes I  find ways to comfort my defeats. For example, when I was younger, I was always the youngest kid in the class. While others where so much smarter them me, I always felt behind and had to work harder just to keep up. It didn't occur to me until a couple of years ago, that I was in the same class with kids a year or so older then me. No wonder those kids where much smarter then me, when I was born all I could do was eat, sleep and poop. While they where already walking and saying there first words.

Over time I have learn not to really care about it, but recently my competitive nature towards school was struck again. While sitting in class waiting to get our test results back, someone had asked me what my GPA was. I believe that my GPA was pretty good, a 3.7 or 8, till this person said they had a 3.9. Part of me wished that I was able to proudly walk around with a 4.0.

However, what I have learned throughout the years, is that people lie! So at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. I understand that not everyone lies, but it really should not matter how everyone else is doing. The most important thing in life, is to ensure that you are happy. That being said, it should not be at the expense of others!

No comments:

Post a Comment