Friday, March 20, 2015

Life Thoughts #WisdomNuggets

One of my goals, is to be more positive and to live a life that is brighter and joyful overall.

I would like to create a segment/series where I can share my personal thoughts, struggles and motivation to live a life worth living. I am still trying to figure out if I want to call this series "Life Thoughts" or #WisdomNuggets. I'm not sure where I got the idea for wisdom nuggets but I might roll with it.

I have decided for now I will call this #sagacious. Definition: having or showing keen mental discernment and good judgment, wise, clever, intelligent, knowledgeable, sensible.


This quote has been so helpful for me over the past couple of months. Right now I am two weeks away from finishing my MBA. If you had talked to my high school self, I would have told you that grad school would not be my first option. As time had progressed, and my future was uncertain, I felt that I needed to find something to fill my time, something to do with my life. 

Reasons to go back to school:
  • Job market was a little rough
  • A lot of people my age are getting their masters
  • Something to occupy my free time
  • Helpful for the future
  • Make new friends/find someone 
For my geographic location, I felt that my options where limited. Although I live in a large city, the traffic to get to some of the schools can be very stressful and hectic. I later found myself at a school that was not my first option, however I am very satisfied with where I am. I was able to meet new people, experience a journey across the world, and prove to myself that although I might have struggled in the past with school, all of that hard work has paid off.  

The quote above has helped me stay on track to finish strong. My to-do list consists of: studying for finals, writing papers, and preparing for projects and presentations. It is very easy to give up and walk away when things get tough. However, I believe that struggles and endurance builds character. 

The wise words of Theodore Roosevelt can be applied to any one, and their journey. I hope this will help YOU remember why YOU are working hard towards your goals. 



No comments:

Post a Comment