Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Resturant Review: The Capital Grille

The first time I ate at The Capital Grille, I was visiting a friend in Dallas. The setting of the restaurant was very high scale yet lacking in the lighting department. The room was spacious and friendly, and had a very old school high society feel. So when I heard they where opening one near me, I was excited to try it during Houston Restaurant Week.

Both times I ordered a cup of clam chowder, an 8 oz. filet mignon, followed by a key lime pie. The meal also came with mashed potatoes and green beans. However, the second time, I added a extra set of shrimp. The food was great. The clam chowder tasted true to Boston roots. The steak was juicy yet filling, the mashed potatoes where the perfect amount of fluffy; I am not a large vegetable fan, so I will leave that out. The dessert was delicious! The key lime pie was a little citrus but you just couldn't stop going back for more.








Some would say, that restaurant week portions are small. However, I felt that the portions where just the perfect size.

Service for my first visit was a little spotty. However, service for my second visit was outstanding! The setting of the restaurant is a little more brighter, however it is significantly smaller then the Dallas location.

(https://www.thecapitalgrille.com) Be sure to check out there websites and look over the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment